Thursday, July 30, 2009 – ISSN 1529-1057
Register Now for IBTTA’s 77th Annual Meeting & Exhibition, September 13-16, 2009 in Chicago, Illinois!
IBTTA’s 77th Annual Meeting & Exhibition is the most significant gathering of toll industry professionals in the world. Attend this meeting and interact with the most influential experts and decision makers from around the globe and discuss ideas and solutions about transportation financing strategies, the future of tolling and paying for mobility, AET and Interoperability, new ideas for the new economy and sustainable transportation. Featured speakers include Stuart Varney, Business and Financial Journalist and Mark Shields, Syndicated Columnist and Political Analyst. Register by August 14 and receive a $100 discount off your registration fee. This meeting is hosted by the Illinois Tollway and will be held at the Hyatt Regency. For information on registration, hotel reservations, exhibiting or sponsorship, visit IBTTA’s website at www.ibtta.org Register today and get ready for the Transformation of Transportation!
1) Continental Installing Live Satellite TV on Planes
Link to story in USA Today:
2) On the FAA’s Slow and Steady SWIM to Open Source
Link to column in InformationWeek:
3) Manhattan, Kansas Airport Hopes to Compete Against Bigger Airports with New Web Site
Link to story on KTKA-TV:
Link to site: http://www.flymhk.com/
4) Ohio DOT Wary of Twitter, Facebook, Other Social Media Sites as Other States Jump In
Link to story in The Plain Dealer:
5) ‘Eye in the Sky’ has a Different Perspective on Traffic Jams
Link to story in the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin:
6) Caltrain Tweaking Its ‘Toots’ and ‘Tweets’
Link to story in The Daily Journal:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) Flying Surveillance Robots Coming Soon from Aeryon
Link to column on CNET News:
8) Ban Texting? Just Require Smarter Cars and Trucks
Link to story in Network World:
9) Des Moines Buses to Honk More to Curb Accidents
Link to AP story:
10) Frustrated Caltrain Riders Turn to Twitter to Find Out About Delays
Link to Bay Area News Group story:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
11) Central Command for Emergencies
A look inside Fairfax County, Virginia’s new public safety building.
Link to story in Centre View
1) Continental Airlines Revolutionizes Customer Support with Online Virtual Expert
2) Rising Demand for Infotainment Platforms Compels Automakers to Provide Scalable and Cost-effective Solutions for Small and Luxury Vehicles
IEEE Vehicular Networking Conference – October 28-30 – Tokyo
Today in Transportation History
1904 **105th anniversary – Buck Crump, CEO of the Canadian Pacific Railroad who oversaw its conversion from steam to diesel engines, was born in Revelstoke, British Columbia.
=========================================================================The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLemail@example.com
To unsubscribe send an e-mail to: TCNLfirstname.lastname@example.org
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2009 Bernie Wagenblast