Wednesday, November 25, 2009 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Aviation Groups Tell Congress NextGen Will Spur Jobs
Link to article in The Wichita Eagle:
Link to further information from the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association:
2) Maryland State Highway Administration Pilots State-of-the Art Variable Speed Advisory Technology
Link to story on WBAL Radio:
Link to news release from Maryland SHA:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
3) Traffic-Time Signs Going Statewide in North Carolina
But some commuters don’t find them useful.
Link to article in The Herald:
4) Intelligent Roads: Several Approaches to Keeping Streets Clearer
Link to article in the Financial Times:
5) Beware, Big Brother is Watching
A look behind-the-scenes of the Bangalore Traffic Management Centre.
Link to article in the Bangalore Mirror:
Link to further information from the Bangalore City Traffic Police:
6) Traffic Accident Avoidance Technology Advances
Link to story on Minnesota Public Radio:
7) GM to Work with National Federation of the Blind on 2011 Chevy Volt Sounds
Link to article in The Car Connection:
Link to news release from General Motors:
– Executive Director – E-ZPass Interagency Group – Wilmington, Delaware/Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Area
Texas Transportation Forum – January 6-8 – Austin, Texas
Today in Transportation History
1909 **100th anniversary** – Edvard Rusjan made the first successful flight in an Eastern European airplane.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe send an e-mail to: email@example.com
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2009 Bernie Wagenblast