Tuesday, December 22, 2009 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Tallying the Storm Toll on Airlines and Travelers
Link to column in The Wall Street Journal:
2) European Union Expects Civil Unmanned Air Vehicles to Use General Aviation Equipment
Link to article in Flight International:
3) Applying Analysis Tools in Planning for Operations
Link to further information from US DOT:
4) Efforts Lag at Making Highway Work Zones Safer
Link to article in The New York Times:
5) District of Columbia DOT Twitter Use Keeps Department Ahead of Blizzard Cleanup
Link to story and audio on WFED Radio:
SAFETY / SECURITY
6) Texting Drivers are More Dangerous than Talkers
Link to article in Network World:
7) Ad Council, US DOT Launch Drunk Driving PSAs Targeting Women
Link to article in DMNews:
8) Wireless Now Available in BART’s Transbay Tube
Link to article in the San Francisco Chronicle:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) A Social Snow Storm for DC-Area Transportation Agencies
Link to column in The Washington Post:
16th International Conference on Urban Transport and the Environment – May 5-7 – Limassol, Cyprus
Today in Transportation History
1984 **25th anniversary** – Bernhard Goetz shot four youths on a New York City subway train.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, please visit: http://groups.google.com/group/tcnl/subscribe
If you have any difficulties please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2009 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net