Wednesday, December 30, 2009 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Building a Better Pilot
Link to article in The Buffalo News:
GPS / NAVIGATION
2) Why Aren’t GPS Navigation Systems More Reliable?
Link to article in PC World:
SAFETY / SECURITY
3) Ford, MIT to Study Driver Stress
Researchers will look at ways technology can reduce driver stress.
Link to AP article:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
4) New California Traffic Monitoring System Means Jobs
Link to story and video on KXTV-TV:
5) Message Boards Popping Up Along Chattanooga’s Highways, Interstates
Link to article in the Chattanooga Times Free Press:
6) Nova Scotia’s Cobequid Pass Gets New Webcam and Weather Information Station
Link to article in The Chronicle Herald:
7) Smart Highways Taking to the Road via International Initiatives
Link to article in Aftermarket Business:
8) Top Ten In-Cabin Technologies of the Decade
Link to article in Edmunds Daily:
Transportation Research Board Webinar: Communicating the Value of Transportation Research – January 27
Today in Transportation History
1959 **50th anniversary** – The USS George Washington, the first ballistic nuclear submarine, was commissioned.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, please visit:
If you have any difficulties please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2009 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net