Wednesday, January 20, 2010 – ISSN 1529-1057
National Rural ITS (NRITS) Conference
As you are well aware, the National Rural ITS (NRITS) Conference has been facilitating the design, planning, deployment and maintenance of intelligent transportation systems in rural areas for nearly two decades. The 2010 NRITS Conference promises to continue this trend. If you are interested in becoming involved and wish to participate in the program you must submit an abstract before the Monday, February 1, 2010 deadline. Submittal guidelines can be found online at http://www.nritsconference.org/2010program.html.
1) FAA Adds Anti-hacking Conditions to Boeing 747-8
Link to blog on seattlepi:
2) FAA Testing Flight Operations Equipment at New Florida Airport
Link to article in The News Herald:
GPS / NAVIGATION
3) FAA, Honeywell Flag Jeppesen Aviation GPS Error
Link to article in Flight International:
4) Yahoo Files Patent to Track Parking Space Availability
Link to article on Ubergizmo:
5) Traffic Control Devices, Visibility, and Highway-Rail Grade Crossings 2009
Link to papers in the Transportation Research Record:
SAFETY / SECURITY
6) New York and New Jersey Airports’ Security System Draws Senators’ Ire
Link to story and video report on WABC-TV:
7) Final Report on Deadly Metrolink Crash Comes Down to Signal Color
Link to article in the Los Angeles Times:
8) Chicago Transit Authority Warns Against Excessive Photography
Link to story on WMAQ-TV:
9) Latest Issue of Nordic Road & Transport Research Online
Issue focused on public transport.
Link to magazine:
10) Virtual Dashboards: the Next Must-Have?
Link to column in The Wall Street Journal:
EuroFreight 2010 – February 22-24 – Berlin
Today in Transportation History
1830 **180th anniversary** – The Pontchartrain Rail-Road was chartered in Louisiana.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, please visit:
If you have any difficulties please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2010 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net