Thursday, February 25, 2010 – ISSN 1529-1057
Register Now for IBTTA’s Organization Management Workshop – April 18-20, 2010 in Austin, TX
The toll industry is evolving at an astonishing rate. Driven by financial realities, political change, and technological innovations the industry is facing a wide range of challenges and opportunities and is being forced to respond to them at lightning speed. Join the International Bridge, Tunnel and Turnpike Association, April 18-20, 2010 in Austin, TX and keep your organization current on the latest industry trends toEnhance Mobility Through Innovation. Main topics will include: communications, winning with the news media, finance trends, reauthorization update, successful project implementation and more. This meeting is ideal for toll industry professionals focused in the areas of communications and marketing, human resources, finance, administration, management and advocacy. Click here for registration, hotel and travel information and to view the preliminary agenda. www.IBTTA.org
1) US Senate to Revive Long-Stalled FAA Bill to Modernize Air Traffic System
Link to article in The Dallas Morning News:
2) Victorian Government to Use Noise Cameras from March
System designed to photograph excessively loud trucks.
Link to article in The Motor Report:
GPS / NAVIGATION
3) Fatal Yacht Crash Inquiry Blames GPS
Link to Australian Broadcasting Corporation story:
4) Where’s Your Ferry? Washington State Ferries Launches Real-Time ‘Vessel Watch’
Link to article in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer:
5) Minister, a Monkey Could Have ‘Hacked’ Secret New South Wales Transport Site
Link to article in The Sydney Morning Herald:
6) State Departments of Transportation Lead the Way Using New Media
Link to report from AASHTO:
Link to list of state DOT Twitter and Facebook sites:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) Human Performance, Information Systems, Simulations, and Visualization
Papers explore driver distraction issues.
Link to reports from the Transportation Research Board:
8) DC Metro’s Mixing of Signal Part Brands Could Have Caused Crash, Maker Tells NTSB
Link to article in The Washington Post:
9) Deadline Looms to Fit All New UK Vehicles with Digital Radio
Link to article in Aftermarket News:
Aviation Outlook Middle East – North Africa – April 12-15 – Cairo
Today in Transportation History
1910 **100th anniversary** – Thomas Edison demonstrated a battery-powered trolley car in New York City.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, please visit:
If you have any difficulties please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2010 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net