Monday, February 22, 2010 – ISSN 1529-1057
Intelligent Transportation Society of America’s 20th Annual Meeting & Exposition (May 3-5, 2010, Houston, Texas)
– The Stars Align. A stellar Closing Plenary will light up the George R. Brown Convention Center on Wednesday, May 5, from 10:30 a.m.-Noon. This rare event features US Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood and IBM Chairman, President and CEO Sam Palmisano. From their unique perspectives, both confirmed speakers will share their vision for a smarter 21st Century transportation network founded on technological innovation.
- Deadline for Best of ITS and Outstanding Chapter Awards February 26.
- Register by March 1 and save money! And remember to make your hotel reservations here.
- Student Essay Competition entries are due March 15. Send email to email@example.com for information.
- Exhibit space is still available. Be a sponsor!
1) French Air Traffic Controller Plan Four-Day Strike Over European Reforms
Link to AP article:
2) American Airlines Tests New GPS Luggage Tracking
Link to story and video on WBIR-TV:
3) Tennessee Attorney General Approves Traffic Camera Bill
Link to article in the Knoxville News Sentinel:
4) ETC to be Applied Comprehensively on Taiwan Freeway by the End of 2012
Link to article in the Taiwan News:
GPS / NAVIGATION
5) GPS Modules Line Expands Beyond Portable Navigation Niche
Link to article in Electronic Components:
6) Massive Storms Don’t Halt DC IT Ops
Link to article in ComputerWorld:
7) Profile of Pennsylvania Traffic Reporter ‘Rusty Fender’
Link to article in The Dispatch:
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) No Provisions to Track Texting Violations in New Hampshire
Link to article in The Telegraph:
9) ‘Real-Time’ Arrival Screens to be Placed at Dublin Bus Stops
Link to article in The Irish Times:
10) Multimedia for Road Commuters?
Airline-style seat-back video for buses to be demonstrated at Dubai exhibition.
Link to article in Emirates Business:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
11) Washington, DC Uses Regional Transportation Information System to Combine Data for Emergency, Traffic Response
Link to article in Government Technology:
12) Television that Streams, Even if Traffic Doesn’t
Link to article in The New York Times:
13) Digital Driving
Display in hybrid car changes the way this person drives.
Link to commentary and audio on Vermont Public Radio:
– Request for Proposals – Onsite Media/Communications Provider for Disseminating Traffic and Traveler Information – New Jersey Turnpike Authority
National Conference on Highway Safety Priorities – April 11-13 – Philadelphia
Today in Transportation History
1935 **75th anniversary** – Airplane flights over the White House became illegal.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, please visit:
If you have any difficulties please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2010 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net