Wednesday, April 7, 2010 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Administrator Calls Collaboration Key to FAA’s NextGen
Link to article on Nextgov:
2) Stricter Rules Proposed for Traffic Camera Usage in Tennessee
Link to article in the Chattanooga Times Free Press:
3) US DOT Posts Open Gov Plan; Concrete Steps Promise Transparency, Collaboration, Citizen Participation
Link to Fast Lane blog from the US Department of Transportation:
4) Federal Railroad Administration Sets $50 Million Rail Tech Program
Link to article in The Journal of Commerce:
Link to FRA news release:
5) Stop! In the Name of Bilingualism at British Columbia’s Thompson Rivers University
Link to article on Kamploops This Week:
6) Telematics is Opportunity Knocking’ at the Construction Equipment Dealer’s Door
Link to article in Construction Equipment Distribution:
7) San Francisco Bus Advertising Plans Targeted by City Legislation
Link to article in The Examiner:
8) Boston T Taps Tech-Savvy to Keep Riders in Loop
Link to article and video in The Boston Globe:
9) After Years, New York MTA Cracks Down on Sign Dealer
Link to article in The New York Times:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
10) Artificial Brain ‘Andy’ at College of Staten Island Could Guide Traffic
Link to article in the Staten Island Advance:
11) Yosemite to Post Real-Time Traffic Updates on Web
Link to blog on myMotherLode:
12) Beijing to Launch Special Fund to Ease Traffic
Money will be used, in part, for ITS.
Link to story on China Radio International:
13) Now, Traffic Alerts on Signboards
Bangalore becomes the first city in India to use variable message signs on roadways.
Link to article in the Deccan Herald:
14) Real-Time Traffic Data Comes to South Africa
Link to article in TechCentral:
15) Fast Forward 2020: The Real Car Tech of Tomorrow
Link to article in Car and Driver:
16) Self-Driving Cars Could See Like Humans
Link to article on TechNewsDaily:
17) Traffic Sign Recognition Systems Recognize Speed Limits
Link to DPA article:
Talking Operations Webcast: Regional Traffic Signal Operations Programs – Planning/Funding – April 28
Today in Transportation History
1910 **100th anniversary** The SMS Moltke, a battlecruiser of the German Imperial Navy, was launched.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, please visit:
If you have any difficulties please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2010 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net