Thursday, May 20, 2010 – ISSN 1529-1057
Countdown to The Future of Tolling: Going Mainstream Through ORT and Interoperability
Make plans to attend IBTTA’s Upcoming Summit, The Future of Tolling – Going Mainstream Through ORT and Interoperability, May 23-25, 2010 in Boston, MA. This Summit will bring together more than 300 transportation experts who will focus on lessons learned, case studies, business rules and future decision-making about all-electronic toll collection, interoperability, violation enforcement, and implications for vehicle miles traveled charging. Download the final program and register today! www.ibtta.org.
1) FAA Moves to Establish Research Center of Excellence for Airport Safety Technology
Link to article in Avionics Intelligence:
2) I-85 Tolling Project Draws Fire in Georgia
Transponders to charge solo drivers are incompatible with units used on another state highway.
Link to article in the Atlanta Business Chronicle:
3) New Alert in Use in Maryland When Officers Wounded or Murdered
Link to story on WJZ-TV:
4) Using a Smartphone to Organize Your Travels
Link to article in The Wall Street Journal:
5) ‘Railroad Girls’ Proving Irresistible as Marketing Ploy in Japan
Link to article from The Yomiuri Shimbun:
SAFETY / SECURITY
6) UN Urges Ban on Phone Use While Driving
Link to CBC News story:
7) Transit, Payment Apps Could be Added to Government IDs
Link to article in DigitialIDNews:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
8) New Web Site Aims to Aid Tayside Commuters
New ‘travel information gateway’ will provide a ‘one stop shop’ for motorists and users of public transport in the region.
Link to STV News story:
9) Ward’s Conference in Michigan Looks at Future of Car Interiors
Link to article in The Detroit News:
Link to story on WWJ Radio:
10) US Congressman Seeks ‘Black Boxes’ for Cars
Link to article in The Daily Journal:
11) Audi: ‘The Future is Apps’
Link to article on Autocar.co.uk:
IntelliDrive Deployment Scenarios Workshop – June 22-23 – Dulles, Virginia
Today in Transportation History
1570 **440th anniversary** Theatrum Orbis Terrarum, what many consider the first ‘modern’ atlas, was issued.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, please visit:
If you have any difficulties please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2010 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net