Bonday, June 21, 2010 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Smoother Airplane Landing Pattern Conserves Fuel
Link to article in The Daily Herald:
2) LAX to Replace Volunteer Traveler’s Aid
Link to article in the Daily Breeze:
3) Michigan Plant Makes Common Core Computer System for Boeing Dreamliner
Link to article in the Grand Rapids Business Journal:
GPS / NAVIGATION
4) Connecticut Heads Up 30-State Google Wi-Fi Probe
Link to article on CNET News:
5) Can Your GPS Handle the GSP?
Link to column in The Star-Ledger:
6) Illinois Tollway Reluctant to Place Hospitality Signs Along Roadway
Link to column in the SouthtownStar:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) Debate Heats Up in Congress Over Sale of Public Safety Spectrum
Link to article on Nextgov:
8) Three* Screen Strategy Highlighted at Telematics Detroit 2010
Link to article in Telematics Update:
9) High-Tech to Keep Your Drive Alive
Link to article in the Times Colonist:
10) Live Tube Map Shows the Power of Transport for London’s Data
Link to article in Wired:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
11) A Whole New Dimension of Gridlock
G20 summit in Toronto brings traffic management challenges.
Link to article in The Globe and Mail:
12) App Helps Drivers Avoid Trouble, Traffic and Cops
Link to article in The San Diego Union-Tribune:
13) Houston Traffic Reporting Pioneer Facing Biggest Battle
Link to story and video on KTRK-TV:
14) California License Plates Might Go Digital, Show Ads
In emergencies, plates could show Amber Alerts or traffic information.
Link to AP article:
– Operations Research Analysts – Research and Innovative Technology Administration – Cambridge, Massachusetts
– Request for Proposals – Traffic Data for Vehicle Traffic Reporting Solutions Provider – Triangle Software LLC
ITS Georgia 2010 Annual Meeting and Exposition – September 19-21 – Greensboro, Georgia
Today in Transportation History
1895 **115th anniversary** The Kaiser-Wilhelm-Kanal, now known as the Kiel-Canal, opened in Germany.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, please visit:
If you have any difficulties please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2010 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net