Friday, June 25, 2010 – ISSN 1529-1057
IBTTA 78th Annual Meeting & Exhibition — Register Today! Early Bird Discount Ends August 22, 2010
Come to San Diego, September 12-15, 2010, for IBTTA’s 78th Annual Meeting & Exhibition, the year’s most highly-anticipated learning and networking event — attracting more than 700 toll industry experts and decision makers from across the globe. Under the theme, Sustainable Transportation, the technical program offers tracks focused on innovation, policy, the economy, and the California tolling experience. Hosted by the California Toll Operators Committee (CTOC), this event features interactive seminars, influential speakers, technical tours and special events, informative exhibits and more! Customized sponsorship and exhibitor packages are available. Visit IBTTA’s website for details.
1) Flap Grows Over Plane Towing Tiger Woods Banner Over US Open
Link to article in The Herald:
GPS / NAVIGATION
2) Mobile Map Use on the Rise, Smartphone Apps Drive Growth
Link to ZDNet article:
3) GPS Systems Find More Favor with Farmers
Link to article in The Des Moines Register:
4) Turn Right, My Love
Have GPS voices become the new ‘other woman’ in American relationships?
Link to column in The New York Times:
5) Vice Chairman of Washington State Transportation Commission Warned about Communications with Washington State Ferries Employees
Link to article in The Journal of the San Juans:
6) Speak Plainly, Residents Tell North Carolina Transportation Department
Link to article in the News & Record:
7) ERTICO – ITS Europe Forum Webcasts Available: ‘Bringing Intelligence Into Mobility – Deployment Challenges’
Link to videos:
8) Digital Displays Reduce Stress, Helping Parking Facilities Serve Customers
Link to article in Parking Today:
9) Telematics Awards 2010 Winners Announce
Link to article in Telematics Update:
(Full Disclosure: I served as one of the judges for the awards)
10) SEPTA Approves Changing Name of Pattison Station to AT&T
Link to article in The Philadelphia Inquirer:
11) Delaware Moves Toward Open Transit Data
Link to article on TheTransitWire.com:
12) Transparency Needed from Texas Transit Agencies
Link to commentary in The Dallas Morning News:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
13) Intelligent Technology May Divert Traffic Woes in China
Link to article in the People’s Daily:
14) No More Traffic Jams? Columbus, Ohio Wants to Upgrade Traffic System
Link to article in The Columbus Dispatch:
15) At the Extreme End of Artificial Intelligence
Link to article in Forbes:
16) US Congress Considers Funding for In-Car Alcohol Detection System
Link to article in The New York Times:
Modern Protective Structures Short Course – July 19-23 – Arlington, Virginia
How do you move traffic from driving on the left to driving on the right when crossing a bridge? Here’s one answer.
Today in Transportation History
1950 **60th anniversary** North Korean troops invaded South Korea to begin the Korean War.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, please visit:
If you have any difficulties please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2010 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net