Tuesday, July 27, 2010 – ISSN 1529-1057
IBTTA 78th Annual Meeting & Exhibition — Register Today! Early Bird Discount Ends August 22, 2010
Come to San Diego, September 12-15, 2010, for IBTTA’s 78th Annual Meeting & Exhibition, the year’s most highly-anticipated learning and networking event — attracting more than 700 toll industry experts and decision makers from across the globe. Under the theme, Sustainable Transportation, the technical program offers tracks focused on innovation, policy, the economy, and the California tolling experience. Hosted by the California Toll Operators Committee (CTOC), this event features interactive seminars, influential speakers, technical tours and special events, informative exhibits and more! Customized sponsorship and exhibitor packages are available. Visit IBTTA’s website for details.
1) Close Calls on the Rise
Link to story on WFOR-TV:
Link to video report:
2) Continental Tests ‘Self-Boarding’ at Houston Airport
Link to article in USA Today:
3) Who’s Watching You Behind the Wheel?
If cameras come to Pennsylvania’s roads to catch insurance scofflaws, state would have to keep tabs on your data, experts warn.
Link to article in The Morning Call:
4) Do Speed Cameras Really Cut Accidents?
Link to BBC News story:
5) GeoWeb Conference to Address Social Media, Including Twitter
Link to article in The Vancouver Sun:
6) Pakistan Communications Secretary to Take Action Against National Highway Authority Secretary
Meeting information and working papers not available; may annul selection of ETTM companies.
Link to article in the Daily Times:
7) July Edition of IBEC Newsletter Online
Link to newsletter:
8) Delphi Moves Forward on Telematics
With pilots underway, Delphi hopes to develop aftermarket business model for telematics.
Link to article in Aftermarket Business:
9) NTSB: DC Transit System had Wide Problems Before Crash
Link to AP article:
10) Now Everyone Can Tell Where SEPTA Trains are Going
Link to article in The Philadelphia Inquirer:
11) 95% of Trains are on Time? Riders Beg to Differ
New York area commuter railroads’ official figures often contrast with the experience of rush hour riders.
Link to article in The New York Times:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
12) Revolutionary New Traffic System in Washington State to ‘Cut Injury Accidents 30%’
Link to story and audio report on KIRO Radio:
13) A Look at Traffic Management in Bangalore
Link to interview with Traffic Police Commissioner Praveen Sood in Citizen Matters:
14) Program Launches in Nevada to Increase Vehicle Registration
Hotline set up to report drivers who haven’t registered.
Link to article in the Las Vegas Sun:
15) Deal May Hit at Denso Move to Open Systems
Link to CNET blog:
16) Smart Phone + Car = Stupid?
Link to blog in EE Times:
Digital Video Expo – September 28-30 – Pasadena, California
Today in Transportation History
1720 **290th anniversary** The Swedish and Russian navies began the Battle of Grengam.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast email@example.com.
© 2010 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net