Monday, August 23, 2010 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Rebranding of Combined United and Continental Presents Communication Challenges
Link to article in the Chicago Tribune:
2) Technology Improves US Airways’ Customer Service
Link to article in the Phoenix Business Journal:
3) Photographer Combined His Love of Cameras and Aircraft
Link to article in the San Jose Mercury News:
4) His Maps of Pittsburgh Give Tips for Everyday Bicyclists
Link to article in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:
5) Google Street View Cars Back Too Soon, Says French Watchdog
Link to article in Computerworld:
GPS / NAVIGATION
6) Indoor Positioning and Navigation – The Next LBS Frontier?
Link to article in Directions Magazine:
7) Canaveral Port Authority Weighs Options for Advertising Space
Link to article in Florida Today:
8) imaGinyze Augments Your Driving Experience with Augmented Reality iPhone App
Link to article on Gizmag:
Link to further information and screen shots:
http://car.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/series/car_app/20100817_387504.html (in Japanese)
9) iPhone Apps; Top Gear for Motorists
Link to article in The Daily Mail:
10) Los Angeles Program Aims to Make Parking Easier
Link to article in the Los Angeles Times:
11) Signaling the Future of the UK Railways
Thames Valley Signalling Centre will control trains on a portion of the rail network using new technologies.
Link to article in the Oxford Mail:
12) Sponsor-a-Highway Signs Amount to Free Advertising on Philadelphia Roads While Program is Suspended
Link to article in The Philadelphia Inquirer:
13) Improve Driver Training, Rider Info: Toronto Transit Commission Report
Link to article in the Toronto Star:
Link to report:
14) Modify DC Metro Next Train Displays to Improve Communication
Link to commentary on Greater Greater Washington:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
15) Nagpur, India Traffic Department Gets Net Savvy
Link to article in The Times of India:
16) Boston T Specific Apps a Real Time Saver
Link to article in the Boston Herald:
17) Boulder, Colorado to Use Car Colors to Discourage Driving
Link to story in the Daily Camera:
18) Tesco to Introduce Speed Monitoring to Compare Van Speeds with Actual Speed Limits
Link to article in article in Fleet News:
1) Clear Channel Partners with Geodelic to Launch the Ultimate Mobile Guide for Smart Air Travelers
2) Distracted Driving Takes Center Stage in Drive Safely Work Week
3) CITE’s 2010 Fall Blended Course Offerings
4) 2010 Power IT Down Day Challenges Government to Save More Kilowatt Hours, Decrease Carbon Footprint
I like to welcome my first grandchild … James Harrison Luedecker. He was born Friday evening, August 20 at 7:12 (conveniently waiting until Friday’s TCN was sent) and checked in at 8 lbs. 2 oz. The baby, and the proud mom and dad, Kirsten and Russell, are all doing well.
Webinar: The Significance of Search Engines in the Auto Industry: How Search Engines Have Radically Changed the Way Consumers Shop for Cars – August 24
Today in Transportation History
2000 **10th anniversary** Gulf Air Flight 072 crashed in the Persian Gulf while attempting to land in Bahrain. All 143 people onboard died.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast email@example.com.
© 2010 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net