Thursday, October 21, 2010 – ISSN 1529-1057
ITS America Webinar Series Continues with Nov. 9 Session on Greenhouse Gas Regulations and ITS
Jacqueline Glassman, a Partner at Hogan Lovells law firm and former Chief Counsel and Acting Administrator for the U.S. Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, will address the latest developments in federal greenhouse gas regulations and the role of ITS during a webinar hosted by ITS America on November 9, 2010 at 1:00 p.m. EDT. Glassman’s presentation is the third in a series of ITS America webinars dedicated to exploring the leading issues in intelligent transportation. Previous webinar sessions are now available for download on the ITS America website. Register today atwww.itsa.org/webinar_series.html! To learn more about the webinar series or ITS America membership, contact Member Services Coordinator Charlie Tennyson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Smart Phone Apps for Aviation Find Fuel Cost, FBO Info and Much More
Link to article in Aviation International News:
2) A Passenger’s Wish List for Improving Airports
Link to column in The New York Times:
3) Fleet of Private Vans to Join Blitz on Speeding in Ireland
Link to article in The Evening Herald:
4) US Customs to Test Ocean, Rail Manifest Systems
Link to article in The Journal of Commerce:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
5) Idaho Transportation Department Agrees with PETA to Add Warning in Driver’s Manual About Pet Safety
Link to article in the Boise Weekly:
6) Rail and the Media
Link to blog in Progressive Railroading:
7) ALL CAPS? Not OK on Road Signs, Federal Government Says
Link to article in USA Today:
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) Port of Providence Gets New Chemical Detectors
Link to article in The Providence Journal:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) Voice of Vietnam Traffic Information Broadcasts on TV
Link to VOV News story:
10) Electronic Diaries Have Benefits, but Trucking Operators Face Higher Costs
Link to article in Supply Chain Review:
Smart Transportation Summit – December 7-8 – Toronto
Today in Transportation History
1520 **490th anniversary** Ferdinand Magellan discovered the Strait of Magellan connecting the Atlantic and Pacific oceans off the southern tip of South America.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2010 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net