Friday, October 22, 2010 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Future Airport – Latest Issue Online
– On the Same Wavelength – How NextGen will benefit airports and how delivery is progressing
– Log On, Check In and Fly Out – Ryanair tells how the airline has slashed use of terminal resources
2) A Smarter Model for Bicycle Sharing
Link to column in Next American City:
3) Google: 244,000 Germans Say ‘No’ to Street View
Link to article in USA Today:
4) China Unveils Own Mapping Service
Link to BBC News story:
Link to Map World: http://www.tianditu.cn/
5) Raymond deKozan, Founder of Cubic Transportation Systems, Dies
Link to article in Crain’s New York Business:
6) Muscovites to Submit Transport Ideas to New Mayor on Web Site
Link to ITAR-TASS article:
7) IEEE ITS Society Newsletter – October 2010
Link to newsletter:
8) New iPhone App Could Solve Tel Aviv Dwellers’ Parking Woes
Link to article in Haaretz:
9) Planning and Deploying Transit Signal Priority in Small and Medium-Sized Cities: Burlington, Vermont Case Study
Link to article in the Journal of Public Transportation:
10) Astronaut Posts First Foursquare Check-In from Space
Link to article in PC Magazine:
11) Software Glitch Costs DC Metro $500,000 in Revenue
Link to article in The Examiner:
12) Bangalore Transit System Launching In-Bus Entertainment System
Link to article on SiliconIndia:
13) Pandora’s Tim Westergren Goes After Radio Where It Matters Most: The Car
Link to blog in the Los Angeles Times:
14) Designing Infotainment Systems for the Connected Generation
Link to article in Automotive Industries:
Webinar: ITS Professional Capacity Building (PCB) Program Outreach to University and Other Learning Providers – November 17
Music in the subways? Here’s a live performance with some rather unusual instruments.
Today in Transportation History
1910 **100th anniversary** The Aéronautique Militaire, predecessor to the French Air Force, was formed.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2010 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net