Monday, October 25, 2010 – ISSN 1529-1057
Attention passengers: It’s perfectly safe to use your cell phones.
Link to article in The Boston Globe:
2) Google: We Collected E-mails, Passwords During Street View Photography
Link to column on CNET:
Link to Google blog post:
3) Virginia Company Creates Map Apps; No Refolding Required
Link to article in The Roanoke Times:
GPS / NAVIGATION
4) GPS Speed Warning Device a Lifesaver
Link to AAP article:
5) Taiwan Tour Groups Urged to Use GPS-Equipped Buses in the Future
Officials continue looking for missing buses and passengers following typhoon.
Link to CNA article:
6) India Aiming for Real-Time Maritime Domain Awareness: Defense Minister
Link to article from ANI:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
7) Union’s Sign Campaign Takes Aim at Poor Bridges in Pennsylvania
Link to article in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:
8) California Bullet Train Agency Can’t Document Details of Officials’ Foreign Trips
Link to article in the Los Angeles Times:
9) Hoboken, New Jersey Begins ‘Twenty is Plenty’ Driving Speed Campaign
Link to article on Planetizen:
10) Two Drinks Max: Sign Up and Make Us Safer
New Zealand newspaper begins campaign to encourage drinking and driving limits.
Link to commentary in The New Zealand Herald:
11) Freight Railroads Weren’t In on New Ohio Passenger Rail Study
Link to article in The Columbus Dispatch:
12) Michigan Company’s Signs Help to Generate and Control Traffic
Link to article in the Detroit Free Press:
Link to MDI Worldwide: http://www.mdiworldwide.com/
SAFETY / SECURITY
13) TSA Getting Even Nosier
Link to article in The Wall Street Journal:
Link to further information from the Transportation Security Administration:
14) GIS-Based Interoperability System Alters How Virginia Manages Emergencies
Link to article in Emergency Management:
15) The World’s First ‘Transit Appliance’
Link to article and video on Streetfilms:
Link to additional information from Portland Transport:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
16) Isfahan, Iran Reveals ICT Master Plan, Including Transportation Management
Link to article in FutureGov:
17) US DOT Approaches Deadline in Onboard Recorder Case
Link to article in The Journal of Commerce:
18) BMW’s Future Tech In-Depth
Link to article in Autocar:
19) Is Facebook Just Too Much for Ford?
Link to commentary on Motley Fool:
20) US Administration’s Plan to Reallocate Spectrum from Weather Satellites for Broadbandd Opposed Globally
Link to article on Nextgov:
ROSATTE Final Workshop – November 23-24 – Malmö, Sweden
Today in Transportation History
1935 **75th anniversary** Rusty Schweickart, part of the third group of astronauts named by NASA, was born in Neptune, New Jersey.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2010 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net