Thursday, October 28, 2010 – ISSN 1529-1057
GPS / NAVIGATION
1) Russia Eyes Import Duty for Phones Without GLONASS
Link to Reuters article:
2) News from US DOT at the ITS World Congress
Link to further information:
3) 20,000 Bloody Idiots on Facebook Drink-Driving Page
Link to article in the Geelong Advertiser:
4) Smart Transportation Software Developer Teams with SAP
Link to blog on ZDNet:
5) Department for Transport to Install New Motorway Technology
Link to article on Kable:
SAFETY / SECURITY
6) ‘Smart’ Transit Cams in New York City
Link to article in the New York Post:
7) Recommended Procedures for Testing and Evaluating Detectable Warning Systems
Link to report from the Transportation Research Board:
8) Computer Car Crashes
Do automobile telematics boost reliability, or will the clock in the car soon be blinking midnight?
Link to article in Warranty Week:
9) GM Seeking Insurance Break for OnStar Subscribers
Link to blog on CNET:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
10) High-Tech Solution Sought to Ease Traffic Congestion in Chennai
Link to article in TruthDive:
11) Singapore Group to Develop ‘Next-Generation’ Cars
Link to AFP article:
12) Deutsche Telekom: ‘In-Car Internet and Online Services are Becoming a Reality’
Link to interview in Telematics Update:
13) Automakers Try to Stay as Smart as New Phones
Link to CNET blog:
Webinar: IntelliDrive Applications for the Environment: Real-Time Information Synthesis (AERIS) – December 8
Today in Transportation History
1995 **15th anniversary** A fire in the Baku, Azerbijan metro killed approximately 300 people in the world’s deadliest subway disaster.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2010 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net