Wednesday, October 20, 2010 – ISSN 1529-1057
Advertising in the TCN
Did you know that for just $100 you can reach over 7,400 transportation professionals with an ad in the TCN? Your message gets the top spot and won’t be competing with any other ads because I only run one ad per issue. Not only does your ad get your message out, but it helps support this daily news update. For more information please contact me at email@example.com.
1) Lawmaker Pushes for Safer Pilot Licenses
Link to article on Nextgov:
2) ADS-B Deployment Provides a Proving Ground for NextGen
Link to article in Aviation International News:
3) Curbs on Phone Use in Plane Relaxed in India
Link to article on New Delhi Chronicle.com:
4) Washington State DOT Releases Tools for Paying Tolls
Link to article in the Bellevue Reporter:
GPS / NAVIGATION
5) School GPS Settles Bus-Stop Disputes in St. Paul, Minnesota
Link to article in the Star Tribune:
6) NTSB Wrong: Coast Guard Crew Not Texting Before Crash
Link to article in The San Diego Union-Tribune:
7) Libya Buys Vessel Traffic Management System at $28 Million
Link to article in The Tripoli Post:
8) Google Ditches All Street View Wi-Fi Scanning
Link to column on CNET News:
9) IBEC Newsletter – October 2010
Link to newsletter:
http://www.ibec-its.co.uk/files/IBEC Newsletter October 2010.pdf
SAFETY / SECURITY
10) TSA Invites Manufacturers to Demonstrate Their Radios’ Encryption Capabilities
Link to article in Government Security News:
11) California Releases Public Safety Communications Strategic Plan
Link to article in Government Technology:
12) London Agency Plans International Contactless Transit Card
Link to article in American Banker:
13) BlackBerry Users Climb Aboard MBTA Apps
Link to article in the Boston Herald:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
14) Google Dumps Free 411, but Bing Steps In
Service also offers traffic reports.
Link to story on WCPO-TV:
15) Using Facebook to Avoid Traffic
Link to story and video report on KOKI-TV:
16) Big Brother in a Buick?
Today, data-gathering devices on buses are tracking the weather. Tomorrow, will they be providing too much information about your driving habits?
Link to article in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:
1) US Handset-Based Navigation Usage Rose in the Past Year
2) Telvent to Implement Maryland’s 511 Travelers Advisory Telephone Service
3) ‘One Line, Infinite Possibilities’ Characterizes Norfolk Southern Approach to Freight Rail Transportation in New Ad Campaign
Webinar: AAAE Social Media @ Airports – December 1
Today in Transportation History
1910 **100th anniversary** The RMS Olympic, sister ship of the RMS Titanic, was launched in Belfast.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast email@example.com.
© 2010 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net