Wednesday, November 24, 2010 – ISSN 1529-1057
GEWI Completes North American Traffic Technologies Tour – Webinar to Follow in January
GEWI would like to thank everyone involved in hosting and attending our first ever North American Traffic Technologies Tour. Topics included technologies that are used around the world for location referencing and harmonization, data exchange between systems, next generation of real-time data for traffic navigation, and data exchange for connected vehicles/infrastructure projects. We had many requests from locations and attendees we were unable to honor, so please look for a follow-up webinar to be held in January 2011. If you’d like to receive notification of this event, visit www.gewi.com and register for the GEWI newsletter, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Wireless Communication for Runway Lighting Systems
Link to article in Airport Business:
2) Not a Single CCTV Camera on Northern Carriageway of the Bandra-Worli Sea Link
Link to NDTV story:
GPS / NAVIGATION
3) Honda to Use Suna Traffic Channel for Satellite Navigation Systems
Link to article on iTWire:
4) How to Use a Pulsar to Find Starbucks
Cosmic GPS would employ pulsing stars, not satellites, as celestial beacons.
Link to article in Science News:
5) NASA is Among Most Savvy Social Media Users
Link to article from National Journal:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
6) Longtime Spokesman for Maine Turnpike Authority, Dan Paradee, Dies of Cancer
Link to article in the Portsmouth Herald:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) US May Replace Color-Coded Terror Alert System, Seeking More Specific Warnings
Link to article in The Washington Post:
8) New Brunswick Last Province to Propose Ban on Hand-Held Devices While Driving
Link to CP article:
Link to news release:
9) An Inside Look at Logan Airport’s Security Operations
Link to article in Security Director News:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
10) Virginia DOT Utilizes Smart Travel Technology
Link to story and video on WVIR-TV:
11) Thanksgiving Travel Tip: Use GPS Apps to Look for Traffic
Link to column and video in The Washington Post:
12) 52-Years Ago Today Chicago Gets Helicopter Traffic Reports
Link to story in Chicago Now:
13) ERTICO Talks to FREILOT Partner Peek Traffic
Link to article from ERTICO:
Talking Freight Seminar: Freight and Land Use: Making the Connection – December 15
Today in Transportation History
1985 **25th anniversary** An EgyptAir flight, hijacked on a flight from Athens to Cairo, was stormed by Egyptian commandos at the airport in Malta. Dozens of people aboard the flight were killed during the raid.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2010 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net