Thursday, November 25, 2010 – ISSN 1529-1057
TrafficTalk Launching Revolutionary Traffic Service – Now Recruiting Experienced “Traffic Hosts”
TrafficTalk is changing the traffic information game with a new mobile service, accessible by drivers from any phone, providing live access to CB Radio-like conversations among people sharing the same roads. As a Traffic Host, you will manage these “community conversations” –each focused on discussing traffic conditions in different parts of town in the top 20 “most congested” U.S. cities. Visit traffictalk.info to learn about volunteer host positions. Volunteers who join us during our launch phase will be given preference for paid positions as we gain traction in the market. Make a name for yourself by managing a community of your own, trusted by drivers every day to get them where they’re going. The choice communities and time slots are going quickly. For more information, visit traffictalk.info.
1) Major Airports Reject PETA Ads on Body Scan
Link to AP article:
2) TTS Italia News: The European ITS Directive
Link to article from ERTICO:
3) The Eye in the Sky Forecasts Holiday Sales
Link to Reuters blog:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
4) Union Pushes Public Outreach on TSA Pat Downs
Link to story and audio on WFED Radio’s Federal Drive:
5) Signal, the Newsletter of ERTMS – November 2010
Link to newsletter:
SAFETY / SECURITY
6) TSA Using Pizza Boxes to Recruit New Workers
Link to column in The Washington Post:
7) Interactive Tourism Point Installed in Llanrwst, Wales
Link to article in the North Wales Weekly News:
8) When’s the Next Bus? Pace Testing Signs to Answer That
Link to article in the Chicago Tribune:
9) Mobile Networks Close to Agreement to Build Mobile Network in London Underground
Link to article in Mobile:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
10) LTA Launches Traffic Message Channel for Singapore
Link to article on AsiaOne:
Link to news release from the Land Transport Authority:
11) Saher Traffic Management System a Blessing, Not Spying: Senior Islamic Scholar
Link to article in The Saudi Gazette:
12) Intelligent Traffic Controls to Clear Up Moscow Streets
Link to article in The Moscow Times:
13) Hampton Roads, Virginia Engineers Help Ease Traffic Congestion
Link to story and video on WAVY-TV:
14) Canadian Town to Lobby for Help on Border Line-Ups
Fort Frances says federal government’s ITS strategy has never been deployed at town’s border crossing.
Link to article in the Fort Frances Times:
Inrix Traffic Webinar: Europe Scorecard – December 2
Today in Transportation History
1120 **890th anniversary** The White Ship sank in the English Channel. Among those who drowned was William Adelin, the only legitimate son of King Henry I of England.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2010 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net