Tuesday, November 30, 2010 – ISSN 1529-1057
GPS / NAVIGATION
1) J911: Fast GPS Jammer Detection
Link to article in GPS World:
2) Florida Sued Over Sale of Drivers’ Personal Information
Link to article in the Sun Sentinel:
3) Thinking Highways – November/December 2010 North America Issue Online
Link to magazine:
4) City Parking Smartens Up with Streetline
Link to article in Wired:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
5) Texas DOT Makes Telenovelas to Discourage Drinking and Driving
Link to story on Fox News Latino:
6) Cranston, Rhode Island: 1/3 of Illegal Stop Signs from RI DOT
Link to story and video on WPRI-TV:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) Palm Beach County, Florida’s High-Tech Security Hub Tracks Terror Threats and Crime
Link to article in The Palm Beach Post:
8) DC Metro Seeking to Replace $60.5 Million in Track Circuits
Link to article in The Examiner:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) Washington State DOT Web Site Use Soars During Storm
Link to article in The Seattle Times:
In yesterday’s edition I posted a story about track sensors on Washington, DC’s Metro system. The article came up on my news search as a new story but after posting the article I realized it was actually from July 2009. An updated version of the story is in today’s edition (story #8). My apologies for the mistake.
Webcast: Directions OnPoint – A Conversation with Steve Coast, Founder, OpenStreetMap – December 3
Today in Transportation History
1960 **50th anniversary** The last DeSoto automobile was built.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2010 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net