Wednesday, December 22, 2010 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) United Airlines Employing Technology to Cut Down on Lines
Link to article in the Chicago Tribune:
2) Delta Pulls Flights from Some Online Travel Sites
Link to article in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
3) What’s Your Airport’s Marketing Strategy?
Link to column in Airport Business:
4) Five Studies in Car Traffic that Can Teach Us Timesaving Tips
Link to article:
5) Canadian National Fined for Failing to Report Road Blockages
Link to article in the Lake County News-Sun:
6) Pennsylvania Turnpike to Keep Toll Schedules on Tickets
Link to article in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:
7) Abbey Road Zebra Crossing Given Protected Status
Crosswalk made famous on Beatles 1969 album cover.
Link to story and video from BBC News:
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) US Department of Homeland Security to Speed Traveler Identity Verification
Link to article on Nextgov:
9) University of Wisconsin-Madison Simulator is Meant to Find What Drives Us to Distraction
Link to article in the Wisconsin State Journal:
10) Digital Displays for Transit: Can More Information Mean More Riders?
Link to article on The City Fix:
11) Philippines Government Eyes GPS for Buses
System being considered for enforcement of traffic rules.
Link to ABS-CBN story:
12) Marketing a ‘Bowl of Tangled Noodles’
Commentary on clarity of transit maps.
Link to blog on Human Transit:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
13) Delivery Channels for Traffic and Traveler Information Services
Link to paper from ERTICO:
14) Just Launched: Snazzy Mobile Site for 2011 Detroit Auto Show
Link to blog on Social Car News:
Mobile World Congress – February 14-17 – Barcelona
Today in Transportation History
1890 **120th anniversary** The Cornwallis Valley Railway began regular service between Kentville and Kingsport, Nova Scotia.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2010 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net