Thursday, December 23, 2010 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) ‘New United’ Settles on Technology Systems
Link to article in Air Transport World:
2) Expedia Hides American Airlines Airfares in Support of Orbitz
Link to Bloomberg article:
3) ITS and Urban Mobility
Link to paper from ERTICO:
4) New Streetline App Gives Los Angeles Drivers Real-Time Data on Available Parking
Link to article on TechCrunch:
5) Chirping Crosswalk Changes Its Tune
Some Canadian cities updating signals with four descending musical notes because chirping sounds too much like northern cardinal.
Link to article in the National Post:
SAFETY / SECURITY
6) Pilot Punished for YouTube Video
Video shows what pilot says are serious flaws in airport security.
Link to story and video on KXTV-TV:
7) Mercedes to Launch New Telematics Platform with Internet Access
Link to article on Telematics News:
Link to article in Automobilwoche:
8) With Travel App, No One Knows You’re a Tourist
Link to AP article:
Link to further information from Fodor’s:
9) Transport for London Calls for Faster NFC SIM Cards
Link to article in NFC Times:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
10) Keeping Traffic Flowing
A profile of Ron Boodhoo, operations manager of Georgia’s Transportation Management Center.
Link to article in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
North American International Auto Show – January 10-23 – Detroit
Today in Transportation History
1900 **110th anniversary** Reginald Fessenden transmitted on Cobb Island, Maryland what is believed to have been the first voice transmission by radio.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2010 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net