Tuesday, December 28, 2010 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) FAA Seeks Fixes to Midair Collision Warning Devices
Link to article in The Wall Street Journal:
GPS / NAVIGATION
2) Japan Uses Taiwanese Technology to Read Damaged GPS Chips
Link to CNA article:
3) US Coast Guard Says Its Planned Use of Ultra High Frequency SONAR Won’t Harm Marine Life
Link to article in Government Security News:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
4) Ad Campaign Advises Drivers to Use Caution Around Bikes and Pedestrians
Link to article in The News Tribune:
5) More Consumers are Letting Insurers Monitor Their Mileage
Link to article in The New York Times:
6) Tele-what? Six In-Car Telematics Systems
Link to article on Autobytel:
7) New Nicosia Bus Service Failing Badly on the PR Front
Link to editorial in the Cyprus Mail:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
8) Nevada Officials: Proposed Road Operations Center Would Help Traffic Flow, Improve Emergency Response
Link to article in the Reno Gazette Journal:
1) Colorado DOT Tests Trip Travel Times on I-25 in the Denver Area
2) NavFree Launches for iPhone and iPad
APTA Fare Collection Workshop – March 28-30 – Miami
Today in Transportation History
1960 **50th anniversary** Rebels attacked a train in the Congo which was transporting children and their mothers home from a holiday. At least twenty passengers were killed.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2010 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net