Integrity, confidence, discipline and commitment define your career in Battelle’s National Security Division. Battelle was built on a firm foundation of honesty, integrity, and outstanding service and the work we do in national security impacts lives around the world; whether we’re creating armor for military applications, testing a life-saving vaccine, or developing a more efficient hydrogen fuel cell. At Battelle, we reward the best work with more responsibility, positions to grow and develop, and the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world. Are YOU ready for your Next Mission?
As part of our National Security Global Business, our Transportation business specializes in improving the factors that are critical to our country’s transportation systems – safety, efficiency, and environmental acceptability. Battelle develops and deploys creative technology solutions to meet challenges faced by the U.S. Department of Transportation, other federal and state transportation agencies, and the commercial transportation industry. We deliver high-value, technology-oriented answers to problems in the areas of highway, aviation, marine, rail, and transit by combining unique capabilities in transportation engineering, technology development and deployment, system safety, regulatory and operations analyses, and human factors.
Our Transportation Research and Engineering group is currently seeking a Transportation Engineer/Planner. This position will be located in our Washington, DC offices. Working with Battelle’s transportation staff, the successful candidate will use their solid background in engineering and planning work on national and state-level projects in the area of transportation systems management, highway policy, and intelligent transportation systems to contribute to our research and technology evaluation programs.
The successful candidate will participate with the members of the Transportation Group in the proposal development, project management and technical analysis associated with planning and conducting transportation technology and policy studies in:
1. Transportation Systems Management and Operations
2. Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Research
3. Transportation Policy
4. Program Evaluations
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Graduate Degree in Transportation Engineering, Transportation Planning or a Transportation-related field, OR an undergraduate degree in Transportation Engineering, Transportation Planning or a Transportation-related field with 2+ years of directly-relevant experience in similar job description
- ·Must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA for both undergraduate and graduate level degrees.
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a government Security Clearance
- Ability to execute analyses, design reviews and evaluations of assigned projects using sound engineering principles, adhering to business standards and procedures in accordance with product/ program requirements
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral. This includes providing a writing sample (if selected for an interview) such as a thesis, research/technical report or other evidence of writing capability.
- Self starter, able to work independently with a sense of urgency and network effectively to gather data from different sources in a team environment
- ·Must be a detail-oriented individual, thoughtful and deliberate in your approach to conducting research and analyses.
- Be an effective listener and contributor at client meetings. Demonstrated ability to document the pertinent information/action items/opportunities discussed in a client meeting and provide a written summary of that material for management and senior technical staff. Excellent Microsoft Office software skills (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; also skills in Project preferred)
- Must possess a strong work ethic and be task focused. Must be willing to “do what it takes” to get the job done within the allotted timeframe while maintaining the highest levels of quality in the products you produce.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Experience in Project Management a plus, including ability to work with Microsoft Project.
- Formal project management training (i.e., coursework, continuing education, CAPM or PMP certifications) a plus.
- Demonstrated experience conducting research for USDOT a plus.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.
Note: Access the Job Posting Link directly here: https://performancemanager.successfactors.com/career?company=battelle (Select “Washington Navy Yard” as the location choice)