Monday, February 14, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
♥Happy Valentine’s Day♥
1) Agricultural Pilots Pushing for Tougher Rules to Mark, Light Up Hard-to-See Towers
Link to article from the Contra Costa Times:
Link to further information from the National Agricultural Aviation Association:
2) Priority Pass App Provides Window Inside Airport Lounges Around the World
Link to article in the Los Angeles Times:
Link to news release from Priority Pass:
3) In New York City’s Bike Wars, the Downside of Cycling isn’t Counted as Rigorously as the Upside
Link to article in the Daily News:
4) Atlanta Police to Multiply Eyes, Ears Citywide
Video hub to cull images from private and public sources, including MARTA and Georgia DOT.
Link to article in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
5) ITS Mississippi Newsletter – Winter 2011
Link to newsletter:
6) Positive Train Control: Metrolink’s PTC Implementation Push
Link to article in Progressive Railroading:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) Articles from Emergency Management January/February 2011 Issue
– Demystifying the Message to Create Effective Emergency Alerts
– The Impact of IPAWS on Public Alerts and Warnings
8) Malta’s Arriva Signs €10 Contract for New Buses’ Information Systems
Link to article in the Times:
9) New Look Bus Route Maps to Boost Public Transport Use in Dubai
Link to article in Gulf News:
10) Vancouver TransLink’s Twitter Service Now Permanent
Link to story on CKWX Radio:
11) GO Transit Learning to Communicate
Link to column in the Guelph Mercury:
12) A Potential Hazard of Electronic Keys
Link to article in The New York Times:
45th International Aviation Snow Symposium – April 16-20 – Buffalo, New York
Today in Transportation History
1961 **50th anniversary** James E. Webb took over as the administrator of NASA.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net