Friday, February 11, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Air Traffic Control Error Numbers Double
Link to AP article:
2) Police Threaten to Arrest Speed Camera ‘Artist’
Link to article in the Manningham Leader:
Link to S-cam Facebook page:
GPS / NAVIGATION
3) FCC Cracks Down on Cell Phone and GPS Jamming Devices
Link to article in The Hill:
Link to news release from the Federal Communications Commission:
4) New York City Taxi Commissioner Seeking Changes to TV Service in Cabs
Link to article in The New York Times:
5) Surface Transportation Board to Determine if Class I Railroads Should Separately Report Positive Train Control Costs
Link to article in Progressive Railroading:
SAFETY / SECURITY
6) US Lawmaker Sees Tangled Credentialing Web
Link to article in The Journal of Commerce:
7) Irish National Transport Authority to Launch Live Displays for Bus Information
Link to article on TheJournal.ie:
Link to news release from Transport for Ireland:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
8) New Traffic Camera System Will Help Drivers on Florida’s Suncoast Avoid Backups
Link to story and video on WWSB-TV:
Link to news release from Sarasota County:
International Workshop on Communications Technologies for Intelligent Transportation Systems – April 14 – Aquascalientes, Mexico
Why wait for the bus in a boring shelter? These designs are sure to attract attention.
Today in Transportation History
1861 **150th anniversary** President-elect Abraham Lincoln left Springfield, Illinois on a twelve-day train trip en route to Washington, DC for his inauguration.
1971 **40th anniversary** The Seabed Treaty was signed in London, Moscow and Washington. The pact prohibits the placement of nuclear weapons on the ocean floor.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net