Washington DC’s political columnist Wonkette says this video below earned cheers during this year’s Conservative Political Action Congress (CPAC). Hey, wait a second.. aren’t the conservatives dead against all things high speed rail? At least that what one would think reading this rebuttal from House T & I Committee leadership, (chaired by FL Republican Rep. John Mica), slamming President Obama’s proposal to spend some big money on High Speed Rail projects to prop up the economy and job market. Watching this makes me wonder if the Republican leadership in the has seen it already? Did he know that this idea was received warmly by fellow Republicans?
- Republicans Begin Fight Against High-Speed Rail in US (inhabitat.com)
- Obama Administration Investing $53 Billion in High Speed Rail (ecogeek.org)
- Obama to call for $53B for high-speed rail (sfgate.com)
- Biden: Hey, let’s spend $53 billion on high-speed rail (hotair.com)
- Winning The Future With High Speed Rail (redstate.com)