Monday, March 28, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
Experience the Ultimate in Technology at the 18th World Congress on ITS this October
Cutting-edge ITS technology solutions will come to life in real time at the 18th World Congress on ITS and ITS America’s Annual Meeting on October 16-20, 2011 in Orlando. Set up in the large parking lot adjacent to the Orange County Convention Center, the Technology Showcase consists of live demonstrations by leading transportation agencies, including the U.S. Department of Transportation, and private sector companies like Toyota and Econolite. This year, the Technology Showcase is organized by themes or “villages” that highlight a specific use or application: Safety, Mobility, Environment/Sustainability, and Pricing. It will position central Florida as a “National Test Bed” for connected vehicles, people and infrastructure, with a large-scale demonstration using roadside devices along Orlando’s major corridors and a fleet of test vehicles. The Technology Showcase is the most dynamic way to experience the World Congress—make plans now to attend! For more information and to register visitwww.itsworldcongress.org.
1) Airport Apps Guide Travelers from Security to Takeoff
Link to article in USA Today:
2) Port and Terminal Operating Systems Coordinate Services
Link to article in Port Strategy:
3) Automobile Magazine Founder David E. Davis, Jr. Dies
Link to AP article:
4) I-75 in Florida in Line for ‘Smart’ Upgrade
Link to article in the Bradenton Herald:
5) FHWA MUTCD Manual Needs to Modernize ‘Freeway’ and ‘Expressway’ Definitions
Link to commentary on TOLLROADSnews:
SAFETY / SECURITY
6) Public Safety Experts Gather in Phoenix for Lifesavers Conference
Link to story and video on KTVK-TV:
7) Technology Key to Road Safety
Link to editorial in The Arizona Republic:
8) UK Readies Underground Wi-Fi for 2012 Olympics
Link to article in PCWorld:
9) Google Sets Role in Mobile Payment
Link to article in The Wall Street Journal:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
10) A COMPASS to Divert Drivers Through Traffic
High-tech traffic management system helps guide drivers in Toronto area.
Link to article in The Globe and Mail:
11) High-Tech Solutions Sought for Auckland Traffic
ITS summit takes place in New Zealand.
Link to article in The National Business Review:
12) Wi-Fi Cars are Hitting the Information Superhighway
Link to AFP article:
13) Ten Golden Rules for Happier Drivers
Netherland’s agency comes up with rules to help drivers use the road network.
Link to commentary in The Washington Post:
14) Tax per Gallon, or per Mile?
Link to blog on CNET:
– Post-Graduate Internship: EcoMobility – ICLEI – Bonn, Germany
– Operations Director – State Road & Tollway Authority – Atlanta, Georgia
2011 International Transportation Economic Development Conference – May 1-3 – Charleston, West Virginia
Today in Transportation History
1961 **50th anniversary** Air Afrique was founded.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net