ICLEI is a worldwide association of more than 1200 metropolitan regions, cities, towns, counties and municipal associations in 70 countries that are dedicated to implementing sustainable development. We work in a highly multicultural environment and in a truly global fashion with partners around the globe. We are offering a post-graduate internship in the field of EcoMobility. The intern will be part of ICLEI World Secretariat in Bonn, Germany. The World Secretariat also serves as the Secretariat for the Global Alliance for EcoMobility. For more information, visit http://www.ecomobility.org.
• The main task of the intern will be to help preparing the 1st EcoMobility World Congress, which will take place in the Republic of Korea in October. Specific tasks include:
– Actively develop contacts with possible participating cities and organizations;
– Communicate with partners, funders and sponsors;
– Support the Program Committee;
– Draft briefing sheets about the main congress topics;
– Prepare communications, announcements and promotional materials;
– Edit the congress web pages.
• The intern will also support the Global Alliance for EcoMobility. Specific tasks include:
– Develop contacts with possible sponsors and partners pertaining to a newly developed project;
– Keep updated the website, particularly the resource databases and the news section;
– Maintain contact with the Alliance Members.
• Academic background: a completed bachelor’s degree in urban planning, transport and mobility policy, civil engineering or related degree. Master graduates are also welcome. Knowledge of sustainable transportation issues is required;
• Professional experience or personal interest in the field of sustainable transportation and sustainable urban planning;
• Language skills: fluent English preferably native language; further languages welcome;
• Good communication skills, orally and in writing;
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office; experience with web content management (preferably Typo 3);
• Motivation to work in a multicultural environment.
Terms and conditions
• The internship position is available from May 2011 at the ICLEI World Secretariat in Bonn, Germany. The duration will be six months and the EcoMobility congress is included in this period. The internship is within ICLEI’s international Capacity Center. The intern reports to the EcoMobility Officer;
• ICLEI offers interns a cost compensation of Euro 550 after tax and social insurance fees;
• Workings hours: 40h per week; 2 days of paid leave per month (i.e., 12 days for the six months internship);
• Working language: English;
• Non-EU citizen applications are also welcomed provided they have the possibility of being granted an EU work permit prior to the start of the internship.
By email (email@example.com) or fax (+49–228 / 97 62 99 01). Please include “EcoMobility internship” in the subject line and send us:
• A short motivation letter in pdf;
• Your CV with photo (3 pages at most) in pdf, including indication of citizenship (and if non-EU, whether you are holder of a work permit for Germany).
Deadline for application: 20 April 2011.