Tuesday, March 15, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
Countdown to IBTTA’s Organization Management Workshop ― April 10-12, Jersey City, NJ
Register today for IBTTA’s Organization Management Workshop and keep current on the latest industry trends in building a better organization. If you are responsible for the communications, marketing, HR, finance, and administration in your organization, this meeting is for you! This popular workshop will focus on emerging issues and practical solutions related to advancing your organization and keeping stakeholders satisfied. Meeting highlights include Gerard Braud, Keynote Speaker and Crisis Communications Expert; general session on regional mobility challenges featuring a power panel of transportation executives and commissioners; communications open house, and more. Visit www.IBTTA.org/JERSEYCITY to view the brochure, register, and learn about sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities. To view IBTTA’s entire 2011 Education Series, click here.
1) FAA Scrutinizes In-Flight Wi-Fi Interference with Avionics
Link to article in Air Transport Intelligence:
2) Star Aviation – The Guys that Help Put Wi-Fi on Airplanes
Link to story and video on WKRG-TV:
3) Airport Movies Take Flight
Video used to promote the Tampa International Airport System.
Link to article in Airport Improvement Magazine:
4) Average Speed Cameras on the A1 in Poland
Link to article on Eltis:
5) All-Electronic Tolling: Keeping Traffic Moving in Maryland
Link to interview about Maryland’s new Intercounty Connector on Xerox Real Business Radio:
6) The 10 Most Innovative Companies in Transportation
Link to article in Fast Company:
7) The Lure and the Limits of New Mobile Apps for Parking
Link to article from the International Parking Institute:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
8) MBTA Thinks Bigger is Safer with Latest Ads
Transit agency using giant props to promote vigilance.
Link to article in the Boston Herald:
Link to news release from the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority:
9) Add Poor Communication to List of California High-Speed Rail Problems
Link to article on Voice of OC:
10) Oklahomans Footing the Bill for Highway Signs Honoring Hundreds of People
Link to story on KOTV-TV:
11) Video Game Allows Virtual Drive on Future San Francisco Approach to the Golden Gate Bridge
Link to article in the San Francisco Chronicle:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
12) With New System, Boston Commuter Rail Getting Closer to Sending More Timely T-Alerts
Link to article in The Boston Globe:
I’m going to be taking a vacation the rest of this week. I’ll still be publishing the TCN but there probably will be fewer stories than usual and the newsletter won’t likely be sent promptly at 6 pm ET, as it usually is. I’ll have limited e-mail access so I may not be able to include items you send me or respond promptly to your messages.
Webinar – Congestion Pricing Projects in the San Francisco Bay Area: I-680 Express Lanes and Bay Bridge Time-of-Day Pricing – March 30
Today in Transportation History
1931 **80th anniversary** The SS Viking, a wooden-hulled whaling ship, exploded during the filming of a movie. Twenty-seven people died in the explosion.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net