Friday, April 22, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
Are you making a difference? Open Roads Consulting, Inc. is a privately held American technology firm where we value entrepreneur, team building and creativity in our people. Together we are on the cutting edge of marketing new technologies specializing in Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) solutions for our clients. We are currently seeking senior-level technical project managers to facilitate our national growth plan. Our project managers are strong independent thinkers that are responsible for business development and project management of ITS solutions, providing industry setting service for our clients. If you are looking for a challenging career where you can make a difference with the up and coming industry leader, please visit our website for the complete job description at http://www.openroadsconsulting.com/projman0609.html Confidential resumes and salary history should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D.
1) US DOT Issues Vulnerability Report on the FAA’s Air Traffic Control System
Link to article on AvStop.Com:
2) Delta Enables Customers to Track Checked Bags
Link to article in Travel Weekly:
Link to video report from WSJ.com:
3) Business Owner Casts Reasonable Doubt on Accuracy of Speed Cameras
Link to article in The Washington Times:
GPS / NAVIGATION
4) Why Your Trusty GPS Sometimes Fails You
Link to story on CNN:
5) Location-Based Services in Korea Get Support from the Government
Link to article on The Next Web Asia:
Link to article on ZDNet Korea:
6) Apple, Google Collect User Location Data
Link to article in The Wall Street Journal:
7) Ireland’s National Roads Authority Fails to See Humor in Radio Ad
Link to article in the Irish Independent:
8) Phone App, Website Aid Search for Parking in San Francisco
Link to article in the San Francisco Chronicle:
Link to news release from the San Francisco Mayor’s Office:
9) DC Rolls Out Pay-by-Phone Parking Meter System
Link to article in The Washington Post:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
10) Transportation Agencies Don’t Want to Share Fatal Accident Data
Link to commentary in the Opelika-Auburn News:
11) Telematics Makes Inroads in China’s Car Market
Link to article in the Financial Times:
How to beat a traffic jam – Russian style.
ITS Canada Annual Conference and General Meeting – June 12-15 – Vancouver, British Columbia
Today in Transportation History
1898 The US Navy began a blockade of Cuba.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net