Wednesday, April 27, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Can Technology Fix the FAA’s Air Traffic Troubles?
Link to story and video on CNN:
2) Dutch Cops Using TomTom Data to Position Speed Cams
Link to article on TechRadar:
3) Shipping Group to Set Electronic Payment Standards
Link to article in The Journal of Commerce:
4) New ITS-JPO-Funded Report Addresses Technology and Collaboration in Transportation Policy
Link to report from the University of Minnesota:
5) Should Maine be ‘Open for Billboards?’
Link to article in the Bangor Daily News:
6) Britain’s Autotxt Develops More Telematics Solution with Deutsche Telekom
Link to article on automotiveIT International:
Link to news release:
7) Delhi Government May Turn to Pod Cars to Boost Public Transport
Link to Express News Service article:
8) Long Beach (California) Transit Offering Live Bus Tracking by Phone
Link to article in the Long Beach Post:
9) Technology Lets Buses Bypass Congestion
Link to article in Research E-News:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
10) Apple Using Location Data to Prep Traffic Service
Link to article in The Huffington Post:
Link to additional information from Apple:
11) Traffic Cameras Keep an Eye on Appleton, Wisconsin Roads
Link to article in The Post-Crescent:
12) Great Falls, Montana Drops Traffic Alerts from Notification System
Link to story on KRTV-TV:
Link to news release from the City of Great Falls:
13) SAE, IEEE Partner on Vehicle-to-Smart-Grid Tech
Link to CNET News article:
14) A Ride in the Car of the Future
Link to article in PC Magazine:
15) Santa Cruz, California City Council Seeks Bids on Design of $1.4 Million Sign Project
Link to article in the Santa Cruz Sentinel:
16) Critics Blast Signs of Excess
City of Boston and two agencies spend $1 million for wayfinding signs.
Link to article in the Boston Herald:
Symposium on Mileage-Based User Fees – June 13-14 – Breckenridge, Colorado
Today in Transportation History
1521 **490th anniversary** Explorer Ferdinand Magellan is killed in the Philippines.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net