Thursday, March 31, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
GPS / NAVIGATION
1) Pentagon, US DOT Slam LightSquared Network Plan
Link to IDG News article
SAFETY / SECURITY
2) Distracted Driving: ‘Deadly Epidemic’ or Storm in a Teacup?
Link to story on MSNBC:
3) Why Telematics is the Answer to Distracted Driving
Link to commentary in Telematics Update:
4) New South Wales E-ticketing to Start with Ferries, Trains
Link to ZDNet Australia article:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
5) Transport Scotland to Build Traffic Control Center
Link to article in the Edinburgh Evening News:
6) Carnegie Mellon University, Cranberry, Pennsylvania to Team on Traffic Data, Technology
Link to article in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:
7) NTSB Chief: Technology Could Prevent Bus Accidents
Link to AP article:
8) Airbiquity: ‘Connectivity is Quickly Becoming Standard’
An interview about the connected vehicle experience.
Link to interview in Telematics Update:
9) Vehicle-to-Infrastructure Communication System Helps Drivers Navigate Work Zones
Link to article in Research E-News:
1) Inrix Partners with Viasuisse for Next Generation Traffic Information Services
2) Tennessee DOT Unveils New Railroad Crossing Safety Campaign
3) New York MTA Says Novel Forms of Advertising Continue to be Introduced on Transit Systems
4) Comments on Crash Data Guidelines Sought by Governors Highway Safety Association
5) New BNSF Mobile Applications Extend Customer Shipment Management to Smartphones
6) Ford Begins Building One of the World’s First Digital Child Crash Dummies
International Transport Forum – May 25-27 – Leipzig, Germany
Today in Transportation History
1921 **90th anniversary** The Australian Air Force was formed.
1961 **50th anniversary** The West Cork Railway in Ireland officially closed.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net