Tuesday, May 3, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
Are you making a difference? Open Roads Consulting, Inc. is a privately held American technology firm where we value entrepreneurship, team building and creativity in our people. Together we are on the cutting edge of marketing new technologies specializing in Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) solutions for our clients. We are currently seeking senior-level technical project managers to facilitate our national growth plan. Our project managers are strong independent thinkers that are responsible for business development and project management of ITS solutions, providing industry setting service for our clients. If you are looking for a challenging career where you can make a difference with the up and coming industry leader, please visit our website for the complete job description at http://www.openroadsconsulting.com/projman0609.html Confidential resumes and salary history should be sent to email@example.com. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D.
1) International Civil Aviation Organization Wants to Make Black Boxes Easier to Find
Link to Dow Jones Newswires article:
2) American Airlines Tests In-Flight Streaming Video
Link to AP article:
Link to news release from American Airlines:
3) NACTO Releases Reader-Friendly Design Guide for Bike-Friendly Streets
Link to blog on Streetsblog Capitol Hill:
Link to news release from the National Association of City Transportation:
4) Delayed Tolling Erodes Washington State DOT’s Credibility
Link to story and video on KING-TV:
GPS / NAVIGATION
5) Delhi High Court Stays Government’s Order for GPS Installation in 200 Autorickshaws
Link to article in the Deccan Herald:
6) Organizers of Youth Climate Rally Sue Utah DOT Over Rally Restrictions
Link to article in The Salt Lake Tribune:
Link to news release from the ACLU of Utah:
7) City of Los Angeles Suspends DOT Workers in Porn Film
Link to story on KABC-TV:
8) Apps Contest Winners Need Better Government Data to Sustain Innovative Services
Link to article in Government Technology:
9) Which Tech Tools Do Experts Use When They Travel?
Link to article on The Huffington Post:
10) US DOT Awards $6.5 Million for Real-Time Truck Parking Information Systems
Link to article in the Commercial Carrier Journal:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
11) Transportation Tax Campaign Takes Shape in Georgia
Link to article in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
SAFETY / SECURITY
12) Highway Call Boxes Becoming Obsolete
Link to article in the San Francisco Chronicle:
13) Wireless Communications: ‘Cloud Computing’ Telematics for School Bus Transportation
Link to article in School Transportation News:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
14) Pennsylvania DOT Expands Network of Cameras, Message Boards
Link to article in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:
15) The Responder – May 2011
Link to newsletter from the National Traffic Incident Management Coalition:
16) State Farm iPhone App Rates Your Driving
Link to article in PC Magazine:
Link to news release from State Farm:
17) Smart Phones, Smart Fleets
Link to article in FleetOwner:
18) Intel is Inside … Cars
An interview with Joel Hoffmann of Intel’s Automotive Solutions Division.
Link to article in Assembly:
19) Volkswagen Concept Turns Your Entire Car Into a GPS Display
Link to blog on DVICE:
1) New iPhone/iPad Navigation App Route Master – Share Real-Time Traffic Speed/Route Info
2) Automotive OEMs Augment Embedded Navigation Market
3) Automotive OEM and Aftermarket Infotainment Systems Set to Grow by One-Third
4) China TransInfo Featured on CCTV-1 News Broadcast
5) Nova Scotia Working with Municipalities to Address Highway Sign Clutter
– Call for Tender – Supply of Electronic Data Related to Air Transport – European Commission, Directorate-General for Mobility and Transport
Webinar: Communicating the Value of Research – A Focus on Successful State DOT Practices and Case Studies – May 5
Today in Transportation History
1881 **130th anniversary** Leonides Woolley received a patent for the first electric headlight for a locomotive.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net