1) Pilot Suspended for Slurs, Swearing Over Air Traffic Radio
Link to story and video on KSAT-TV:
2) Info-Sharing Project at FAA Over-Budget, Behind Schedule
Link to article on Fierce Government IT:
3) ‘Silly’ UK Cycles Lanes Featured on Website
Link to BBC News article:
4) Using Hidden Cameras to Catch Car Thieves
Link to article and video in The Baltimore Sun:
5) Egypt’s First GIS-Enabled Information Portal
Link to article in Daily News Egypt:
GPS / NAVIGATION
6) LightSquared, GPS Industry Square Off on Capitol Hill
Link to article in Wireless Week:
7) Pirates Now Using Blogs, GPS to Hunt Merchant Vessels
Link to article in Time:
8) New Law Requires South Carolina DOT to List Railroad Crossings on Website
Link to AP article:
9) Quebec Establishes Committee to Coordinate Roadwork
Link to article in The Gazette:
SAFETY / SECURITY
10) Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority to Develop Policy on Public Photography
Link to article in The Buffalo News:
11) Why Your Vehicles Should Tell You Everything They Do
Link to article on GreenBiz.com:
12) BART Riders Try Out New Seat Options at Interactive Lab
Link to article in The Examiner:
Transit ITS Regional Workshop – June 22-23 – Minneapolis
Today in Transportation History
1611 **400th anniversary** Henry Hudson, his son and seven crew members were sent adrift in what is now Hudson Bay.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast www.bwcommunications.net