Friday, July 15, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) San Antonio, Texas Boasts Latest Training Technology for Air Traffic Controllers
Link to story and video on KENS-TV:
2) Air Canada Fined for No French
One instance cited where passenger requested 7Up in French but was served a Sprite.
Link to article and video in the Ottawa Sun:
3) Singapore Airlines Sorry for Aggravation on New Website
Link to article on Tnooz:
4) Engineering, Aerial Mapping Firm Woolpert Acquires Water-Mapping Company, Geomatics Data Solutions
Link to article in the Dayton Daily News:
5) New South Wales Government Announces One Body for Roads, Rail, Freight and Ferries
Link to article in the Macarthur Chronicle:
6) EMI by the Dashboard Light
Electromagnetic interference more of an issue as telematics increases in vehicles.
Link to article in Microwave Journal:
7) California Lawmakers Push for Electronic Ads on Santa Monica Buses
Link to article in the Los Angeles Times:
8) Wi-Fi Service Now Available on Bay Area Light Rail System
Link to article in the San Jose Mercury Star:
Link to news release from the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority:
9) Ottawa’s OC Transpo Slams Private Twitters Tweeting Bus Updates
Link to CBC News story:
10) University Traveler Value of Potential Real-Time Transit Information
Link to article in the Journal of Public Transportation:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
11) No Car-tastrophe in ’84
As Los Angeles prepares for Carmageddon this weekend, a look at what happened during the 1984 Olympics when massive traffic jams were predicted.
Link to video on KCET-TV:
12) Traffic and How to Avoid Future Carmageddons
Link to commentary on Fox Business:
Webinar: Statewide Opportunities for Integrating Operations, Safety and Multimodal Planning – August 2
If you’ve seen Star Wars these devices probably look familiar. Except these were created by GE in the 1960s.
Today in Transportation History
1741 **270th anniversary** Aleksei Chirikov, a Russian explorer, became the first European to reach the Alaska coast.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast email@example.com.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net