Job (s) Alert: 1). Senior Sustainability Analyst and 2). Sustainability Analyst – MTA @ New York City
Reports To: Chief Officer, Environmental Sustainability
Authority: TA/OA/MTA Bus
Location: 2 Broadway, Manhattan
Application Deadline: 12/12/11
Under general supervision and with significant latitude for the exercise of independent judgment, the incumbent will assist in the development, collection, analysis, organization and presentation of data and information related to Sustainability in all aspects of Bus Operations (including fuels, vehicles, facilities, training and recycling). In addition, the incumbent will support and manage projects and will assist in the development and implementation of an enterprise asset management system. Assignments will require the incumbent to work at all NYCT Department of Buses and MTA Bus Company facility locations throughout the five boroughs, and Yonkers.
- Develop and apply systems (i.e., tools/software, job aides and protocols) to facilitate data collection and analysis on a continuing basis; train others to use these systems.
- Implement multiple projects simultaneously and be accountable to ensure that all projects are advancing as required to meet targets.
- Interface with staff from Operations, Maintenance, Capital Programs, and other MTA Units and outside parties on sustainability issues, programs and initiatives.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- General knowledge of and demonstrated interest in environmental sustainability concepts and approaches.
- Experience in Microsoft Office, Access and Powerpoint, ESRI ArcGIS and other relevant programs.
- Good database and data management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Highly developed customer service skills, including listening and inquiry skills.
- Demonstrated interest in new technologies and their application.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college with a major in one or more of the following: information systems, operations research, finance, accounting, economics, business, public administration, engineering, science or a related field.
- Three (3) years of satisfactory full time experience; or
- A satisfactory equivalent of education and successful experience.
Qualified candidates need to send or e-mail a cover letter and resume quoting Reference Number 11-31 to:
MTA Bus Company
3320 Hutchinson Avenue
Bronx, NY 10475
MTA Bus Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.