The Program Manager is a mid -level position (to be located in Washington, DC) with day–to-day oversight of our contractual relationships with the U.S. Department of Transportation (U.S. DOT) and other organizations as well as managing multiple task orders as project manager. The Program Manager will also be responsible for engaging and acting on behalf of ITS America’s membership and the broader ITS community to help save lives, time, and money and sustain the environment through broad deployment of ITS technologies.
The position will report to the Chief Technology Officer / Vice President of Programs and will support the oversight of a staff of professionals who support the U.S. DOT and other contracts as well as ITS America’s Coordinating Councils and Forums.
- Manage ITS America’s contracts with the U.S. DOT and others (50% of the time): Perform duties as the Program Manager on task orders with the U.S. DOT and other projects, including project management, budget tracking, and budget forecasting. Supervise technical staff that supports the various task orders of the contracts, ensuring all deliverables and milestones are met on time and on budget. Translate all technical tasks into tangible member benefits, and channel member feedback into a benefit to clients. Take on management of new contracts with ITS America clients, as appropriate.
- Provide substantive, technical input to task orders and offer guidance and support (20% of the time) on how best to promote awareness and knowledge transfer on the content and products of task orders to serve the ITS community.
- Support ITS America’s councils and associated technical, policy, and educational programs (15% of the time):Help carry out member-driven projects by identifying DOT or member funding resources, and supervise subject-matter experts on staff. Supervise development of educational programs for major events, and work closely with Member Services team in support of membership recruitment and retention, helping grow the society.
- Support Business Development (15% of the time): Support business development including identifying new opportunities, proposal responses and grant application preparation, cost estimates, and other related activities.
- Minimum of five years in Project and Program Management positions including budget tracking and budget forecasting in the transportation field, preferably in ITS.
- Experience with managing government contracts, preferably with the U.S. DOT and/or State DOTs.
- Bachelor’s ’s degree is required, preferably in engineering—in a technical area related to transportation, policy, and/or telecommunications.
- Experience in managing 5-10 employees and/or consultants.
- Relationship builder – able to work as a team member and provide courteous service to internal and external clients.
- Superior written and oral communications.
- Organized – able to manage multiple projects at the same time and demonstrates a real attention to detail.
- Consistently demonstrate cooperative attitude—assumes responsibility and is flexible in working with others.
- Demonstrates a commitment to follow through; results oriented.
- Initiative – actively engaged in continuous improvement, provides suggestions for improvement, offers solutions to challenges/issues.
- Ability to make dynamic personal presentations to key partners and stakeholders in the ITS community.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated competencies in the Microsoft Office Suite of software products used by ITS America.
To be considered for this opening:
- Include a cover letter with salary requirements.
- Attach resume as either a MS Word document or PDF.
- E-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.