Say hello to Honk, a neat little app (now available on iOS platform for $0.99) that solves two of the biggest headaches (especially in urban environments that you are unfamiliar) – remembering where you parked and also remembering if your meter time is up. Here are some of the features as mentioned in the app store:
- Simplest interface to set the parking meter alarm. A single swipe for most situations!
- Updates your remaining time on its App Icon. A quick glance at your home screen, your mind at peace.
- Smooth handwritten memo/photo/voice memo to mark the parking spot.
- Honk uses the highest level accuracy available for the phone and marks your location when you set the meter alarm automatically. Manually move the parking pin on the map when the GPS accuracy falls short. Shows how far the car is from your current location.
- Innovative bread-crumb trails to help quick orienting yourself as well as built-in compass.
- Different types of meter with long (up to 24 hours) and short time limits.
- Soft, regular as well as the Library- and the Shopping Mall- alarm level options.
- Uses the background processing and local notifications for reliable, accurate alarms. Supports Retina display.
Pretty cool, right? Check out the little video from Mashable that explains all this: