Fellowship Alert: Designing Cities Fellowship @ National Association of City Transportation Officials (NACTO)
Start Date: May 2013
Duration: 6-month Fellowship
Salary: $25,000-30,000 /year
The National Association of City Transportation Officials (NACTO), a non-profit association which represents large cities on transportation issues of local and national importance, seeks a recent graduate in the field of city planning, sustainable transportation, architecture, urban design, or public policy for a six-month paid fellowship. Th
e fellow will work on both the Cities for Cycling Project and the Designing Cities initiative.
Responsibilities will include:
- Organize peer-to-peer conference calls for the Cities for Cycling group.
- Assist with development of the 3rd Edition of the Urban Bikeway Design Guide.
- Conduct regular and ongoing outreach to cities around the country regarding the Urban Bikeway Design Guide.
- Help to organize press events and workshops.
- Collect and write up case studies on sustainable transportation topics.
- Collect and post news and information about Cities for Cycling and Designing Cities regularly.
The desired candidate is self-motivated with an interest in working directly with city staff around the country on issues of sustainable transportation and major trends in urban planning, design, and policy.
- Graduate Degree (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning, Urban Studies, Public Policy, Urban Design, Transportation Systems, or Architecture with a demonstrated interest in sustainable transportation.
- Relevant internship and work experience in sustainable transportation, urban development, and related fields.
- Advanced Computer skills in a Windows environment (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
- Experience with WordPress, HTML ,and Blog design
Cover Letters and Resumes should be sent to email@example.com by April 22, 2013
If you are interested in posting a career opportunity on NACTO’s website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.