Job Alert: Transportation Policy Coordinator (11686, Grade J) – Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission
- Job Type: Full time
- Start Date: – n/a –
- Salary: 75-100k
- Location: US – Maryland – Montgomery County
- Job Reference: 11686-Grade J
The Montgomery County Planning Department of the Maryland- National Capital Park and Planning Commission is seeking an experienced supervisor with extensive local government planning experience to lead and manage the day-to-day activities of transportation planning policies.
Examples of Important Duties:
The successful candidate will lead the formation of the County’s transportation planning policies. The transportation coordinator will work with the Department’s travel forcasting team and multi – modal transportation staff to develop an overall approach to transportation to serve Montgomery County into the future. Requirements specific to the transportation policy coordinator position include:
1. Applied knowledge of multi – modes of transportation system mobility policies and current planning trends.
2. Ability to work with local, regional and state agencies to formulate appropriate policies for the Montgomery County Planning Board.
3. Familiarity with all forms of transit and roadway capacity issues and the practices of similar jurisdictions throughout the US and Internationally.
4. Demonstrated ability to work with internal staff and decision – makers to formulate practical policies that move local governments from suburban to a more urbanized transportation network.
Master’s degree in Transportation Planning or Transportation Engineering and a minimum of six years of progressively responsible experience.