Job Alert: Transportation Specialist – @U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Highway Administration
Note: Application Deadline Monday, May 13, 2013
This position is located in the Office of Transportation Management. You will provide program management and program and technical support to federal field staff on various Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) and Transportation Systems Management and Operations initiatives. You will be responsible for developing program strategies and for providing hands-on technical and program expertise to federal field staff in areas such as ITS architecture, standards, systems engineering. The objective is for the specialist to ensure that federal field staff is equipped with the skills, knowledge, and information to
effectively support ITS deployment and key ITS initiatives with state and local agencies.
The ideal candidate is a mid-career or seasoned professional with experience developing program strategies and providing technical and program expertise in areas such as ITS architecture, standards, systems engineering.
As a Transportation Specialist, you will:
- Lead the ITS Standards Deployment, ITS Regional Architecture and Systems Engineering programs.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise to State, local transportation agencies, and FHWA staff in transportation system management and operations, including interpretations of legislation and regulations, procedures, requirements, technological advancements and/or approaches.
- Recommend and facilitate the implementation of innovative programs and processes to support ITS deployment.
- Serve as the Government’s Technical Representative or Task Monitor.
- Provide learning and development opportunities to State, local transportation agencies and FHWA staff to strengthen their technical competencies in the area of ITS Standards, ITS Regional Architecture, and Systems Engineering.