Communities for Transit (“CFT”) is a newly formed non-profit organization dedicated to public eduation to cultivate and harness enthusiasm for transit and smart growth to build support for a planned rapid transit network in Montgomery County, Maryland. CFT will employ a range of strategies to catalyze support for making Montgomery County a national leader in using transit systems to transform “urbanizing” suburbs from congested, auto-centric neighborhoods into more environmentally and financially sustainable communities.
- Build and maintain CFT’s contact databases
- Develop content for CFT’s blog, fact sheets and social media accounts
- Catalog research and media regarding existing transit systems around the world
- Assist in new research projects relating to the proposed rapid transit network
- Create public education materials that are responsive to a wide variety of audiences and concerns
- Organize logistics and outreach around CFT’s public education events and community discussions
- Administer office and organizational functions as needed on a day-to-day basis
- Implement fundraising projects to sustain CFT’s efforts into the future
- Passion for transit, smart growth, planning, and/or environmental issues strongly preferred
- Excellent computer skills and experience with mass email communications, social media, and/or web development
- Ability to self-start and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Fast learner with attention to detail and ability to turn-around projects on quick timelines
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills; Comfort with public speakin
Demonstrated comfort conducting public education campaigns, particularly for diverse communities, including youths, renters, immigrants, businesses, environmentalists, etc
- Experience working in a 501(c)(3) non-profit environment or other community-facing organization preferred