Job(s) Alert: Transportation Planners (multiple positions) + Administrative/Marketing Professional – Foursquare Integrated Planning @ Rockville, MD
Foursquare Integrated Transportation Planning (Foursquare ITP – www.foursquareitp.com) has four job openings (scroll below for details on each position advertised):
- Transportation Planner – 3-5 years of experience
- Environmental/Transportation Planner – 5-7+ years of experience
- Transit Service Planner – 7+ years of experience
- Administrative/Marketing Professional – 5+ years of experience
Foursquare ITP is looking for qualified candidates to contribute to, assist, lead, and/or manage teams on a diverse array of transportation projects for state and local governments, federal agencies, transit agencies, and regional agencies. Foursquare ITP is a transportation planning firm based in Rockville, Maryland. As a small firm we are able to give our clients the personalized focus that they seek and deserve. We offer our clients expertise in regional transportation planning and coordination, public transit planning, strategic planning, and transportation demand management. For an overview of the types of projects that Foursquare ITP works on, please visit www.foursquareitp.com.
The selected candidates will work as part of a team and will be responsible for research, analysis, report development, field work and meeting participation on a wide variety of transportation projects. The selected candidates will be involved in a wide array of projects, including transit development plans, transportation needs assessments, station area plans, transit route planning, financial planning, transit performance monitoring, and federal grant management. The positions will require research and data analysis utilizing a variety of sources, including transit ridership data, Census, socioeconomic, land use, survey data, and existing plan information.
In addition to having the appropriate technical skills, the successful candidates will be smart, motivated, self-starters who are passionate about transit and transportation planning. The candidates must also be flexible in meeting client demands and operating within a dynamic workflow.
Transportation Positions: Any position at Foursquare ITP requires excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Topical area expertise is required in one or more of the following: transit planning; transit program implementation; corridor-level transit planning; regional transportation planning; transit development plans; federal transit grant management; transportation demand management (TDM); Environmental Impact Statements/Environmental Assessments; land use and economic development analysis; and strategic planning. A strong working knowledge of the Washington Metropolitan area is desired.
- Transportation Planner – Must have three to five years of experience in the field; a Master’s degree in transportation planning, urban planning or similar may be used to substitute for two years of experience.
- Environmental/Transportation Planner – Must have at least five years of experience in the field with extensive experience in conducting NEPA documentation for transit projects, specifically EIS, EA and documented CE. While this position will initially focus largely on environmental planning, the successful candidate will have a wider range of transportation planning experience and interests. Depending on the level of experience of the successful applicant, this position may also be a project manager position. Appropriate educational background is also required, including preferably a Master’s degree in transportation or environmental planning, urban planning, or similar.
- Transit Service Planner – Must have at least seven years of experience conducting service and operations plans for transit agencies of all sizes and in a variety of environments.
Administrative/Marketing Position – The selected candidate will be responsible for a variety of administrative and marketing duties, including: coordinating and formatting proposals; updating company website; assisting with invoice preparation and review; serving as an executive assistant to the President and other senior staff – assisting with travel arrangements, meeting arrangements, and other duties; and other administrative and marketing duties.
- Administrative/Marketing Professional – Must have at least five years of experience conducting similar work in a private sector organization that deals primarily with public-sector clients. The selected candidate must be a self-starter with attention to detail and be comfortable working on multiple tasks at once in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The position requires excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe InDesign are required.
Applications (résumés and cover letters) will be accepted through Friday November 1, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When applying, please mention you saw this opening listed at Transportgooru.com.