Strategic Economics is a consulting and research firm specializing in urban, regional and real estate economics. The firm assists local governments, transit agencies, developers, and non-profit organizations in understanding the economic and development context in which they operate. The outcome of our work is to help organizations take strategic steps towards creating high quality places for people to live and work.
Strategic Economics is seeking to hire an Associate I, with knowledge and interest in urban planning and real estate economics.
This position will work on a variety of projects that may include: real estate market analysis; fiscal impact analysis; transit-oriented development strategies; and regional economic development strategies. The following skills and experience are required:
- Masters degree in city planning, public policy or a related field is required.
- Strong analytical skills – The applicant must have experience analyzing various data sources, including Census and employment data.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following areas: statistical analysis, regional economic analysis, pro forma modeling, market analysis, and/or fiscal analysis.
- Strong proficiency with Excel, ArcView (GIS), Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent writing skills
- Some consulting experience preferred
Creative thinkers are encouraged to apply. The ability to manage budgets, deadlines, and other staff as well as demonstrated experience with independent work and leadership is highly desirable.
The position is full-time and available immediately. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates please submit your cover letter, resume and work sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete submittals will not be considered or reviewed.
Strategic Economics is an equal opportunity employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.