Applications Date: 11:59PM @ January 16, 2014
The employee serves under the Director of Program Administration for the Central Federal Lands Highway Division (CFLHD). Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), in Lakewood, Colorado. The CFLHD is responsible for the program administration of the Federal Lands Highway Program (FLHP) and the design and construction of transportation system projects on Federally-owned lands in 14 States covering the central, western, and southwestern United States. Possessing the same level of authority as other CFLHD Branch Chiefs, the employee has the authority and responsibility for the management of day-to-day activities to ensure that a broad range of financial management and administrative services are provided throughout the Division. In this capacity, the employee maintains constant awareness of the status and effectiveness of associated programs, processes, procedures, and practices, and is thereby required to formulate, determine or influence Division level policies.
The ideal candidate for this position would be an experienced career professional who is collaborative, mission focused, has an excellent skill set in working with employees, and has experience in delivery of the Federal Highway Programs and demonstrated experience with assuring the accuracy and integrity of financial analysis, reporting, disclosure, internal controls and management information systems. The candidate would also have experience providing day to day leadership for up to 20 employees with financial and other administrative duties and successfully managing a $150 to $ 200 million annual program of obligations. The ideal candidate will possess experience in managing financial goals and objectives and ensuring financing of programs are carried out as planned. The candidate will also have demonstrated ability in overseeing and managing program funding obligations, Overhead budget expenditures and forecasting reporting to management.
As a Supervisory Administrative Program Coordinator, you will:
- Develop, promote, and provide direction on policy and guidance for the sound financial management of funding used in delivering the Federal Lands Highway Program. In this capacity. the employee represents CFLHD, FLH, and FHWA in making commitments on the development and adoption of improved accounting practices. procedures, financial management reporting systems. and other financial management matters, as well as coordinating key financial management and administrative policy issues.
- Serve as a member of the Division Leadership Team for national and Division-level strategic planning and direction for Division-wide goals and needs in alignment with those for Federal Lands Highways (FLHP), FHWA, and USDOT.
- Serve as the Division’s lead advisor in developing and implementing sound processes, principles and practices related to CFLHD-wide budget development, execution, management, monitoring/tracking, and reconciliation for General Operating Expense (GOE).
- Lead the development, implementation, and maintenance of financial and accounting systems for service areas (e.g., equipment depot, materials test laboratories, and reimbursable projects) to reflect cost of operations and equitable distribution of cost to clients and partnering agencies.
- Be responsible for ensuring that technical reports, memorandums. and responses to financial requests and inquiries are prepared in a timely manner.
- Be responsible for regularly consulting with the Division Engineer, Directors and other key staff with respect to administrative management issues arising in the Division’s overall responsibilities within assigned program areas. These issues are often complex, requiring sound decisions and solutions that conform to all applicable legal, regulatory and policy requirements, including Department of Homeland Security (DHS) regulations, policies, and guidelines.