Deadline: Applications accepted until the position is filled.
NABSA is a member association of bikeshare system owners, managers, operators and service vendors. The purpose is to provide collaboration, sharing of experiences and best practices, enhanced communication, and guidance to the new and fast growing industry of bikesharing. NABSA was formed in summer 2014 and seeks to move bike share forward by driving innovation and improvement of bike sharing systems, creating a forum for system owners and providers to collaborate, establishing a voice for bikeshare on federal legislation, and providing information and education on topics not covered in other forums. The organization hosts an annual member meeting, conference and trade show aimed at assisting bike share industry professionals. In addition, NABSA develops best practices and research papers to assist its members and further the development of the bike share industry.
ABOUT THE POSITION
NABSA is seeking an experienced project manager to work on a contract basis to help oversee all bike share related projects of the newly formed North American Bike Share Association. The contractor will assist with fundraising, foster relationships with bike share professionals, participate in the coordination of member-driven initiatives, and provide administrative support to the board of directors, including completing the formation of the organization. The contractor will report to the president of the board of directors with accountability to board members on a project basis.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/SCOPE OF WORK
- Help complete the formation of the organization including finalizing the application for federal tax exemption.
- Assist accountant with set up of financial systems including implementing sound accounting practices.
- Establish and maintain a communication system to create transparency, support an “information clearinghouse” and minimize burden on bike share system managers to respond to surveys and information requests.
- Assist with website content development, review and maintenance.
- Establish and maintain databases of existing and potential members.
- Set up organizational infrastructure for future growth.
- Provide support for board meetings including helping to set agenda, create and disseminate materials and oversee completion of follow-up tasks.
- Serve as primary point of contact and information clearinghouse for member organizations.
- Provide task management for work of board members, consultants and volunteers.
- Support fundraising by creating database of potential funders, cultivating potential funders, and writing grant proposals.
- Coordinate logistics for annual meeting, conference and trade-show.
- Conduct in-depth research on all aspects of bike share to ensure NABSA is an information clearinghouse.
- Facilitate national sponsorship and advertising opportunities for member systems
- Work with partner organizations to support federal legislative initiatives on bike share
- Assume responsibility for projects as they arise.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or advanced degree in urban planning, public policy, social sciences, business or non-profit management
- Excellent project, planning and time management skills including project prioritization and multi-tasking in a fast-paced organization.
- Strong knowledge of bike share planning and implementation.
- 5+ years professional work experience.
- Independent, results-oriented, highly-organized, engaging self starter.
- Demonstrated excellence in fundraising from a variety of sources including foundations, grants, corporations and individuals.
- Outstanding active listening skills.
- Focused on results through a process of engagement.
- Sophisticated interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills and comfort with technology: Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. GIS and web-based programs helpful.
- Passion for cycling.
Initial contract term will be for six months with an estimated 30 hours per week. Compensation is $30 /hr or commensurate with experience. The contractor can be based in a variety of cities. Some travel expected.
It is the policy of the NABSA that no person shall be discriminated against based on race, religion, color, sex, marital status, family status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or source of income.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to NABSABoard@gmail.com.