Job Alert: Research Scientist/Engineer (Program Manager – Traffic Crash Analysis Program) – Texas Transportation Institute @ College Station, TX
The Texas Transportation Institute (TTI) Center for Transportation Safety is seeking an individual to lead and serve as Program Manager for the Traffic Crash Analysis Program. The incumbent will lead efforts to identify new sources of funding, ensure timely submittal and quality of work products, oversee proposal development, and develop and mentor staff. Responsibilities include managing traffic safety projects which may include literature review, data collection, analysis, and technical report development in areas such as crash analysis, impaired driving, and other traffic related topics.
Continued employment in this position is dependent upon availability of funding and satisfactory level of performance.
Serve as principal investigator of research studies involving transportation safety, performance evaluations and program evaluation 25%
Conduct literature review 15%
Prepare technical reports 15%
Collect data and conduct analysis 10%
Outreach – Community & Stakeholder 10%
Report/presentation preparation and delivery 10%
Proposal and project development 10%
- Masters degree in engineering, planning, public health, health education or related field
- 8 years of experience in traffic safety analysis using crash data and statistical methods
- Strong project management experience
- Proposal and project development experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills specifically related to technical reports in related field
- Proficient with MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and statistical analysis software (e.g., SAS)
- Ability to travel overnight
- Ability to work effectively with others to identify and accomplish project tasks
- Prefer Ph.D. in related discipline
- Record of successful proposal submittals in traffic safety.
- Prior experience in managing a program of traffic safety analysis.
- Record of successful relationships with local, state or Federal transportation or safety agency officials and project managers.
- Extensive experience with traffic records and/or crash analysis and data-linking techniques
- Experience in developing traffic safety related training and educational materials.
- Experience with MS Project and/or MS Access as well as SPSS or SAS statistical software.
- Experience with crash analysis software related to problem identification in geographical areas or according to demographics.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://cw.halogensoftware.com/texas_transport/loadJobPostingDetails.do?jobPostingID=101384&source=jobList