Lea+Elliott is seeking a junior to mid-level planner with an interest in transit and a background in LEED to be based in Northern Virginia either at our regional office at Dulles Airport or at a project office. Work assignments will include transit projects throughout the eastern United States. Under guidance and supervision, duties may include:
- Serving as a liaison between design reviewers and other planners to ensure that the teams are kept aware of relevant project issues.
- Assisting in the evaluation of contractor’s management plans and providing comments on design documents as part of the design review process.
- Serving as LEED Coordinator on one or more transit projects
- Representing client in meetings with project contractors.
- Ensuring compliance of contractors with applicable local, state, and federal regulations, primarily environmental.
- Assistance with property acquisition activities and locality coordination as needed.
- Degree in Urban Planning (specialty in Transportation or Environmental) or Transportation Engineering. Masters degree preferred.
- At least 2-4 years of full-time relevant planning and/or project experience including involvement in at least one LEED project.
- Proficiency in navigating architectural and engineering drawings and specifications.
- Excellent writing skills.
- LEED Green Associate accreditation required, and candidate must demonstrate ability to become LEED AP accredited within one year if not already accredited.
- AICP certification or the ability to obtain same is desired but not required.
- Experience with FTA, State, or local transportation planning and environmental processes a plus
- Technological aptitude including comfort with Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to be open to new work responsibilities.
Please respond to email@example.com with cover letter and resume.